Summer is the season for bathing suits, BBQs, and the…blues? It seems like when summer rolls around the temperature goes up and your blog reach goes down, which may put you in a state of the “summer blues.” No need to stress, though, look to using the excitement of the summer to connect with your audience. Here are five tips for beating the summer blogging blues:
- Beat the heat: Everyone is trying to escape the heat during the summer, so use this to your advantage. Share your go-to spots to visit when it’s just too hot out. This could be a local coffee shop, a favorite book store, or even a few indoor or outdoor evening events that are happening in your area.
- Beauty Time: During the summer months, many people have a lot more time on their hands. So use this time to your advantage and share something beauty related that you may not have time to indulge in during the other times of the year. Kristina of Mothers Niche recently shared a fun DIY facial, so why not give it a try and share your experience with your readers? Don’t forget to link back to Kristina’s post, though, because sharing is caring – even in the blog world.
- Summer Reading List: Who doesn’t enjoy a good book over the summer? It’s the perfect time to get ahead on your reading, so why not come up with a great list of books that you think your audience would enjoy? The gals over at The Indie Chicks recently shared their summer reads, so read through their post for a bit of inspiration to get you started.
- Best Road Trip Games: Come up with a list of some fun trivia and mind games for people who are traveling this summer. Create your own game, or search around for a few fun ideas to share!
- Summer Recipes: During the summer months, people are looking for recipes that are light and healthy. So why not write a post about your favorite healthy and delicious recipe? Taralynn of Simply Taralynn has shared a lot of healthy recipes that are super easy and fresh, like this yummy looking Avocado Celery Root Salad that would be perfect for a picnic lunch!
What are you some of your favorite ways to beat the heat and keep your blog readers engaged during the summer months? Share your ideas with us in the comments below, and don’t forget to sign-up to be a part of the Find Your Influence team if you haven’t already! Big things are happening for us and our influencers this summer, and we would love for you to be a part of it!
By: Kailey Loud and Chelsea Goodson for Find Your Influence