Wouldn’t it be nice to wake up one day and magically have thousands of people following and engaging with you on social media? Well, while we couldn’t agree more, we do know that there isn’t a magical formula that can do this for you. However, we have five effective tips to share that will not only increase your social media following, but also get you connected with like minded and engaging users.
- Make sure you’re utilizing the right social media channels for you. Are photos your passion? Then you should be on Instagram! Are you not into inspiration boards? Then you should probably stay away from Pinterest . Go through this process for every social media channel and confirm which ones really are the best for you (or your brand, style, etc.).
- Facebook and Twitter are two very similar, yet very different social media sites. While it’s fine to share the same post on both channels, it’s also very important to tailor your message to the audience you’re speaking to. Keep your tweets sweet and short and save your photos and detailed posts for Facebook.
- Using relevant hashtags is very helpful in spreading your post further, and finding likeminded users. Don’t be afraid to try out different hashtags to find the ones that work best for you.
- Follow Twitter accounts and like Facebook pages that are relevant to your interests, focuses or business to further build your social media community.
- Lastly, don’t forget that when it comes down to it, social media is social. Utilize your Facebook page to like and share other people’s posts, along with favoriting and retweeting tweets on Twitter. Be a good social media neighbor, because everyone likes feeling recognized and appreciated – even if it is only online.
By: Kailey Loud and Chelsea Goodson for Find Your Influence