Let’s talk about bloggers. It’s no secret that these online influencers are a powerhouse of opportunity in today’s social world. But trying to convince clients to invest in blogger relations is not easy. Most brands don’t recognize how valuable online influencer initiatives can be. After all, bloggers have more power than ever to truly activate an audience. Sometimes that results in an increase in sales and other times that means a spike in brand preference. No matter what the end goal, there is no doubt that the rise of online influencers impacts how consumers choose products.
Ready to get started? Here are some tips to help you sell the idea of an influencer campaign to your boss and clients:
Benefits of Influencer Marketing Campaigns
1. The personal touch
- There are no big-name marketing companies behind the products these influencers post about. Their words are typed and posted by them, usually from their homes after actually using the products or services.
2. People trust them
- Influencers and bloggers are normal people. They aren’t millionaire celebrities, or part of the royal family. People follow them for honest and real reviews of products, and genuinely trust the influencer’s opinion.
3. No hidden agendas
- They don’t deal with an editor or “red tape.” They write what they want, when they want. And that is powerful.
4. Truly powerful paid content ― much more than just an ad
- No flashy $3-million commercial spots or blink-and-you’ll-miss-it banner ads. Even when paying for content, influencers post only products they use, making the ad more impactful than nearly anything else you can buy.
5. No politics
- No bosses means that no one else is controlling content. Nobody with a secret agenda is telling them what they need to write about.
6. Target marketing made easier
- Looking for a peanut-butter-loving stay-at-home dad of three? There’s a blog for that. Seriously. Engaging with bloggers allows brands to market to uber-specific audiences that will be more apt to connecting with their product/service. It’s just smart.
7. Cost Effective
- Compare to a running ad in a magazine or a commercial slot on television and you’ve got yourself a good deal. No production costs!
Word-of-Mouth is the Strongest Influence
A Nielsen Study indicates that 92% of consumers around the world trust word-of-mouth marketing more than any other form of advertising. There is little doubt that the time for influencer marketing is now. The question remains is how to connect with these influencers. The current process is a tedious one, to say the least. If a brand is going to contact a blogger to promote its brand, it usually reaches out to blogs after spending hours trying to find the right one. Then they have to pitch to them – not knowing if they even do paid advertisements. All in all, it’s a ton of back and forth, “what if’s” and “no, thank you’s” without a guarantee of how many consumers it will actually engage and help your brand when they do talk about you. Do you see the problem?
How to Find Influencers
This is where we make our sales pitch. Use the Find Your Influence influence marketing platform to identify the type of influencer you need, and the fee is calculated based on the influencers’ reach. We’re a cloud-based application that enables brands to connect with digital influencers who are already having regular conversations with your target audience.
Need an example? Massage Envy contacted us to help them increase their online reach and branding awareness for its 900+ locations throughout the US. Not only did they find the right influencers for their campaign, but they also found influencers who were already Massage Envy customers. Through their blog posts, tweets and shares, the influencers reached an estimated 900,000 potential Massage Envy customers.